We are pleased to stock Memtec Single Ply PVC Membrane Flat Roofing and roof waterproofing products, adhesives, fasteners, & accessories, all available to buy online.
This single ply roofing membrane is an exceptionally high quality, great value, easy to install alternative to flat roof coatings such as bitumen, resin, Sarnafil or EPDM rubber coverings. Suitable for warm insulated or cold roofs and ideal for any flat or low pitch installation.
Properties of Memtec PVC flat roof membrane
Manufactured from PVC (polyvinyl chloride) polymer with mesh reinforcement, providing maximum dimensional stability both crosswise and lengthwise, this product has many properties:
- UV light resistant
- Resistant to root penetration
- Rot proof and high ageing resistance
- Fire resistant - Self extinguishing
- Vapour permeable. No Blisters or Bubbles.
- Superior durability & flexibility
- Low maintenance
- Low temperature pliability, to minus 25°C without cracking
- Fast, easy installation
Warranty & lifespan information
The membrane carries a 20 year manufacturers product guarantee.
It is British Board of Agrément (BBA) Accredited, BBA Certificate number 14/5144 and the BBA have confirmed an expected service life expectancy “in excess of 35 years”.
Single Ply roof membrane installation
The pvc membrane sheet can be installed quickly and mess free. Seams can be jointed with either cold applied adhesive or mechanical fixings (screwed) with electrically hot air welded overlap seams. There is no need for dangerous naked flames or messy hot bitumen.
It can either be mechanically fixed, fully bonded or loose laid and ballasted and is suitable for all flat roof constructions and situations and some pitched roof installations.
It can be applied to and over existing bituminous roofing felt, asphalt and mineral surface finish roofing felt (providing any stone chippings are removed).
The roof can be finished with metal drip edge trims and there are a range of roof drainage outlets and rainwater chutes available for surface water drainage
Please note: We recommend that this product is installed only by those who have been trained in it’s installation.
- Flat, sloping mansard, curved, barrel vault, dormer, terrace & roof gardens.
- New build construction & existing roof refurbishment projects.
- Linings to valley, box, parapet & eaves gutters.
- Warm & Cold Roof specifications.
- Replication of lead & metal roofing systems.
Some questions answered
What is single ply PVC roofing?
Single Ply PVC is a single layer waterproof flat roofing membrane, manufactured from mesh reinforced polyvinyl chloride. Joints can either be glued or hot air welded, giving it superior seam strength and making it the ideal choice for large span flat roofs.
How long does a single ply membrane roof last?
While guaranteed for 20 years, the British Board of Agrement came to the conclusion that Memtec single ply PVC membrane had a life expectancy “in excess of 35 years” in most situations.
Can you walk on PVC flat roof surfaces?
Although capable of receiving occasional, light foot traffic (e.g. for maintenance and inspections), it’s smooth surface finish means it can become slippery in damp, wet and cold conditions.
What is the difference between EPDM & SIngle ply PVC?
EPDM is a single ply rubber roofing system manufactured from ethylene propylene diene monomer (EPDM)
PVC membrane is also a single ply material, but manufactured from mesh reinforced polyvinyl chloride. Where it really excels with it's exceptional seam strength, making it more resilient and ideal for large flat roof areas.
Purchase & Delivery information
There are two options for these products:
- Click & Collect from our Kent depot
- UK delivery via Courier Network Pallet Service
We offer free samples and information packs so that you can familiarise yourself with this product prior to purchasing.
- Deliveries are Monday to Friday ( Excluding Bank holidays )
- Majority of orders are dispatched either the same or next working day.
- Deliveries are usually within 5 working days of order
- Large HGV type vehicles are used for deliveries for kerbside only
- Offloading is your responsibility unless you have notified us that a TailLift & Pallet Truck is required ( Kerb side Only )
- Use the text box at the checkout or email and include your order number to notify us of any delivery access or unloading restrictions that might impact the delivery.
Exchange & Refund information
Should your single ply PVC product arrive damaged or defective in any way, we will exchange it or provide a refund if you inform us by email within 48 hours of delivery. Please do not sign for deliveries if they are obviously damaged.
For further help & assistance contact us at Southern Roofing Supplies on 01634 869823, firstname.lastname@example.org or use the live chat service Monday to Friday 07.00am to 5.00pm.