We supply all types of machine cast lead, from lead flashing rolls through to lead sheet for use in roofing applications.
Lead is malleable but durable, with a life expectancy exceeding 100 years. It’s a sustainable, environmentally friendly material 100% recyclable, with a much smaller impact on the planet than synthetic alternatives.
Uses of lead in roofing & building:
- Roof flashings
- Flat roof applications
- Soakers in brickwork
- Flashings & damp trays around chimney stacks
- Vertical waterproofing applications such as vertical tile hanging
- Valley & parapet gutters
- Flashings around windows and openings
- Decorative work
Lead flashing rolls
For use in pitched and flat roofing, chimneys and at junctions to provide weatherproofing, lead flashing rolls are a ubiquitous roofing material. We supply all the different specifications, in all the commonly used lengths and widths.
Code 3 lead
The thinnest commercially available lead at 1.32mm, code 3 lead is generally used in flashings at abutments. Weight is 15kg per M2
Code 4 lead
Generally used in flashings & soakers, code 4 lead flashing has a thickness of 1.8mm and a weight of 20.4kg per M2.
Code 5 lead
Used in flat roofs and dormers, code 5 lead has a thickness of 2.24mm and weight of 25.4kg
Code 6 lead
Weighing 30.4 kg per M2 and with a thickness of 2.65mm, code 6 lead is a versatile product, used in both flat and pitched roofs.
Code 7 lead
Suitable fo use in pitched and flat roofs, code 7 lead is 3.15mm thick with a weight of 35.7kg per m2.
Code 8 lead
The thickest lead roll we supply, code8 lead is 3.55mm thick, weighing 40.3 kg per m2.
Lead patination oil
Used to prevent staining and unsightly patina that can occur, lead patination oil is recommended for all new lead installations. We also supply lead cleaning gel.
Lead fixings and sealants
We supply a range of accessories such as lead flashing clips,lead sheet sealant and pipe flashings.
There are two delivery options available for these products:
- Click & Collect from our Kent depot
- Direct delivery from the manufacturer
The Click and Collect option is not available on all lengths and widths, but the whole range is available for Direct Delivery by the Manufacturer and this usually happens within 5 Working Days. Some of the smaller items which we have in our depot can be sent via the standard parcel post.
You cannot mix delivery options at the checkout. This means you can only have one delivery option selected for all the goods at the checkout. If you need to mix the delivery options you will have to place two separate orders.
Delivery costs to Highlands & Islands are available on request.
- Deliveries are Monday to Friday ( Excluding Bank holidays )
- Majority of orders are dispatched either the same or next working day
- Deliveries are usually within 5 working days of order
- Large HGV type vehicles are used for deliveries for kerbside only
- Offloading is your responsibility unless you have notified us that a TailLift & Pallet Truck is required ( Kerb side Only )
- Use the text box at the checkout or email and include your order number to notify us of any delivery access or unloading restrictions that might impact the delivery
Exchange & Refund information
In the unusual event that an item is defective, we will exchange it or provide a refund. Please notify us by email within 48 hours of delivery. Please do not sign for damaged materials.
For further assistance with lead flashing and sheet products please contact our friendly customer services team on 01634 869823, by email email@example.com or use the live web chat service. We are generally available Monday to Friday 07.00am to 5.00pm.